Hello, hello! My, it’s been awhile. I thought I’d pop in and say HI! I’m still here! And prove it with a few Friday Favorites. I’ve been missing this space. The past six weeks have been a whirlwind: first our lovely and long trip back to the US, then Yarndale, starting a new job, and starting up cardigan classes at Northern Yarn. I’m looking forward to settling into quiet autumn routines and hopefully writing here in a more regular way again!
Anyway, enough of that, onto some Friday Favorites!
- Jen and Jim of AC Knitwear are at it again! They’ve released another book in their aweomse Something to Learn About series … this time on helical knitting! This time, it’s e-book only and each chapter is released every two weeks, making for a fun knitalong! The first chapter just came out this week, so there’s still time to sign up and have all the mystery and fun of the next three chapter releases. I really like the projects I’ve seen from this book, and as with all of their books, you just pick up loads of tips and tricks along the way that let you level up your knitting! I am planning on casting on a cowl or three using helical stripes as soon as I can clear a few things from the needles!
- Cooler temps always have me itching to cast on hats. I love this Thunderstorm Toque (and, er, may have gotten some special yarn for it at Yarndale …) and Mountainside hat.
- I’ve been beavering away on my St Catherines cardigan using Kate from Northern Yarn’s lovely new Jennett 4-ply in its undyed state. She’s just gotten a batch of yarn back from the handdyers though, and my, the colors are gorgeous. I can’t wait to get a skein or three!
- Autumn is the time of a thousand new amazing pattern releases, but I’m especially excited about the first Mild Woman collection, due out tomorrow. I can’t wait to cast on the Tawney Pullover designed by lovely friend Jenni of Wool is My Bread.
- Finally, though it’s not knitting related, I want to shout about my new favorite audio podcast: Me, My Shelf, and I, which airs in New Zealand and is hosted by a lovely friend of mine from college (this Friday Favorites could almost just be “cool things my friends are involved in!) It’s such a fun half hour podcast that deals with books, language, and nature — I eagerly await each week’s installment!
I’ve got lots of posts in my head, so look out next week for them! In the meantime, have a lovely weekend! More soon! xx K