Hi friends! It’s been awhile since I’ve shared what’s on my needles, so how about a little WIP round up? Right now, for me, it’s all about the knitalongs!
Hello hello and happy Wednesday!
Hello hello! It’s that time of the month … the time when lots of knitters get together and talk about socks!
Hi friends and happy … what day is it again today?
It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been at my parents nearly a week! It’s been lovely to be able to hang out with my family, have a break from writing (I sent off a draft of my dissertation right before I flew!), and cast on a few new projects … I’ve been enjoying some quality time sitting out on my parents’ back porch, knitting and listening to the birds.
Sometimes, a project hops on and off the needles faster that I can set up a project page for it on Ravelry, or write about it here! That was certainly the case with the Houll Hat, by Ella Gordon, which I knit during the second half of March. I finished it all off almost two weeks ago, but I’ve been so busy wearing it that I’m only just now getting around to posting about it.
Hi friends and happy Tuesday! Phew, I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since I last wrote! And where did January go? It was gone in a blink!
Hi friends, and welcome to the first Friday Favorites of the New Year!
Today, I have four great new(ish) colorwork patterns and a handful of soup recipes that I’m excited to share.
- Kate Davies’ brand new sweater, The Oa. I joined Kate’s Inspired by Islay club when it started mid-December, and I’ve loved all the patterns so far. When the email for the Oa came in this week … well, it was all I could do not to immediately order the yarn! This is really testing my New Year’s goal of being reasonable and thoughtful about any stash additions — I know I won’t have time to knit this sweater anytime soon … but … it’s just so, so pretty! (And I do have 10% off Kate Davies purchases as part of my club membership through March 1 …)
- These CheekyMittenKAL mittens — I love every mitten in this collection! Why oh why are there so many awesome new patterns, complete with knitalongs, happening at the moment? I just want to cast on all the things!
- Another gorgeous colorwork yoke sweater, just recently out!
- This bulky, colorwork cardigan, released last month by Quince. Ever since it came out, I’ve been dreaming a of dark grey version, with pops of gold.
- And … for something completely different, did you know that Thomas Jefferson kept sheep in front of the White House? Including a murderous ram? Who knew?!
- I’ve pinned not one, but two curried chicken soups in the past week. I think they both look delicious — guess what I’ll be boiling up this weekend?
- If you wanted a veg curry soup, this curried cauliflower soup looks pretty amazing.
- Because there’s currently snow on the ground (!), and in my opinion at least, there can never be too much soup, here’s a sweet potato minestrone recipe, recommended to me by a friend, that’s also made it onto my “make immediately” list.
- Updated to add: because of course, right after I hit publish, another to die for soup popped in my browser: chicken wonton soup!
What’s caught your eye this week?
Want more Friday Favorites? You can see previous posts here.