Phew, it’s been ages since I’ve gotten a Friday Favorites post up — though I’ve certainly not been wanting for material! It seems that not a day goes by without the release of some glorious new yarn or pattern — what’s a knitter to do?! Without further ado, a quick list of things that have caught my eye recently!
- Have you seen these beautiful, colorful sheep pins? They are gorgeous and a fundraiser for a very good cause: shepherds in Portugal who lost their flocks during wildfires this summer. One might be winging its way to me to join my “flock” of sheep-y enamel pins!
- My love for pretty much everything Kate Davies done is well-documented on this blog, and her new yarn, currently available as part of her West Highland Way club, is no exception. It’s currently taking all my willpower to not sign up for the club and yarn — I keep reminding myself that I have plenty of yarn and projects planned, and that it would be better to wait and buy the yarn when I know I’ll be able to cast on with it right away. I particularly loved Kate’s post about how the yarn was finished, something that, as she points out, doesn’t get talked about much in the yarn world.
- And speaking of new yarn, did you see that Shetland designer extraordinaire Donna Smith released her own, new yarn? The wonderful, undyed Shetland wool is too die (dye?) for — some of the colors and all the kits have already sold out, but I think she’ll have more from this year’s clip soon. All of the wool is from sheep on hers and neighbors crofts — amazing!
- I’ve really been digging the idea of sweaters with big, graphic colorwork on the torso. Like this new release from Quince and Co and this beauty from the book Knitting from the North.
- And how cute are these little fingerless mitts, which use self-striping yarn to excellent effect? The Christmas version is so festive and cheery!
- I love a good curry, and this chicken curry, which I saw on Saturday Kitchen, looks like the perfect thing to try out this weekend.
- American Thanksgiving is next week, and since it’s my favorite holiday, we’re planning a mini-Thanksgiving dinner: I’m going to try out this pumpkin pudding, which my mom has already made and says is super easy and SUPER delicious. I can’t wait to try it!
- With the cold weather, I’ve been craving comforting stews and soups. How yummy does this vegetarian chickpea and chard stew look? Adding it to the “to make” list!
What’s caught your eye this week? Do you have a favorite fall recipe that you’re craving? A yarn or pattern that’s caught your eye this week?
Have a great weekend! xo K