Hi friends! Happy Friday! It’s been awhile since we’ve had a Friday Favorites, and I have a long list of knitting fun to share, and a few recipes too (need to get that cooking mojo back!)
- I love the cable details and classic shapes of the recently released Brookings pullover. It’s just the kind of sweater that I * know * I would wear all the time. I’m not quite sure when I’ll get around to knitting this, but I want to make time for it soon.
- Also, how lovely is this In the Pines Pullover? I love the neckline, and think the pine design along the bottom is really unique.
- Want to take better knitting photos? Emma Davis has some great tips!
- I have, ahem, a robust stash of yarn, we could say, so this Dear Clara really cracked me up. (“Do you no longer use your stove because the oven is filled with yarn? Is the fridge unplugged and packed with skeins?”) But the jokes aside, I also liked the overall message — stashes are personal things, and you and only you can decide how much yarn is too much for you.
- Interested in learning more about breed-specific yarns? I loved this handy chart detailing the differences between different types of wool on Solitude Wool’s website. Also, I’m really excited to know about the Virginia-based wool company — I hadn’t heard of them until this week!
- I have already sung the praises of Kate Davies Inspired by Islay club, but I just had to give a shout out to the gorgeous colorwork vest she released a few weeks ago. I loooove the natural colors with the pop of teal. Straight into the queue it goes!
- Also, I stumbled across this de-stress sheep this week. Besides being totally cute, I’ve been having some soreness in my right hand lately and imagine using this could be really soothing!
- I know I’ve shoved a lot in this week, but the last thing I want to tell you about is the Fruity Knitting podcast. I watched an episode a few weeks ago, and I’m totally hooked! They produce excellent episodes with a wonderful combination of WIP discussion, interviews, and technique videos. The episodes come out every two weeks — I’ve really enjoyed the two most recent ones, as well as starting to work through the back catalogue. (Edited to add: if you need further confirmation that Fruity Knitting’s awesome, it’s just gotten the Mason-Dixon Knitting seal of approval!)
- While we’re on the subject of podcasts, I also recently discovered Milk Street Radio, a fabulous cooking podcast. I love the mix of interviews, call in questions, and tips. Highly recommend!
- I had this simple lentil and beef salad a few weeks ago, and it was surprisingly delicious. I actually had leftover roast beef to use up, but I think this would be equally lovely with a nice bit of fish or some roasted veggies on top!
- I’ve been all about easy and cheap dinners, and this five-ingredient chickpea and pasta soup fit the bill. I was a bit suspicious of it while it was cooking, but it was super tasty (and came together quickly.)
- My mom tried this spicy buddha bowl out this week and reports it was fabulous! I am putting it on the list for next week!
Want more favorites? You can see them all here.