Hi friends, and welcome to the first Friday Favorites of the New Year!
Today, I have four great new(ish) colorwork patterns and a handful of soup recipes that I’m excited to share.
- Kate Davies’ brand new sweater, The Oa. I joined Kate’s Inspired by Islay club when it started mid-December, and I’ve loved all the patterns so far. When the email for the Oa came in this week … well, it was all I could do not to immediately order the yarn! This is really testing my New Year’s goal of being reasonable and thoughtful about any stash additions — I know I won’t have time to knit this sweater anytime soon … but … it’s just so, so pretty! (And I do have 10% off Kate Davies purchases as part of my club membership through March 1 …)
- These CheekyMittenKAL mittens — I love every mitten in this collection! Why oh why are there so many awesome new patterns, complete with knitalongs, happening at the moment? I just want to cast on all the things!
- Another gorgeous colorwork yoke sweater, just recently out!
- This bulky, colorwork cardigan, released last month by Quince. Ever since it came out, I’ve been dreaming a of dark grey version, with pops of gold.
- And … for something completely different, did you know that Thomas Jefferson kept sheep in front of the White House? Including a murderous ram? Who knew?!
- I’ve pinned not one, but two curried chicken soups in the past week. I think they both look delicious — guess what I’ll be boiling up this weekend?
- If you wanted a veg curry soup, this curried cauliflower soup looks pretty amazing.
- Because there’s currently snow on the ground (!), and in my opinion at least, there can never be too much soup, here’s a sweet potato minestrone recipe, recommended to me by a friend, that’s also made it onto my “make immediately” list.
- Updated to add: because of course, right after I hit publish, another to die for soup popped in my browser: chicken wonton soup!
What’s caught your eye this week?
Want more Friday Favorites? You can see previous posts here.