Hi friends, and happy Friday! Fall’s really here! The leaves are changing! New patterns for cozy sweaters and delightful accessories abound! It’s time to drink apple cider and dark beer again!
For many, this weekend means Rhinebeck (if you’re going, have fun!) But if you can’t make it, I’ve rounded up an extra large batch of fiber favorites this week for your consideration!
- First up, the Arctic Cardigan, by Carrie Bostick Hodge, from Making, Volume 2. I saw this cardigan and, I don’t know what it is about it, but I have to have it. Don’t you think it’d make an incredible staple? As soon as I saw the pattern, I metaphorically ran to the Brooklyn Tweed website and picked Obsidian as my color of choice. I haven’t let myself buy it yet … but my resolve is weakening every day. In any case, I can’t wait for my copy of Making to arrive on my doorstep!
- And speaking of sweaters that I want to live in, Joji Locatelli’s Granito is right up my alley (I know, you all have probably seen her new collection by now as it’s been out for a bit … but I haven’t done a Friday Favorites in awhile, and I wanted to give that sweater a shoutout!)
- Also, did you see Quince’s new pattern collection? It’s all gorgeous, but Dalis, by Dianna Walla, went immediately into my want-to-make pile.
- Jill Draper Makes Stuff has also just released her first pattern collection, Rural Renewal. So many gorgeous patterns, but I’ve fallen hard for Rail Trail, by Kristen TenDyke. It’s a good thing I’m not going to Rhinebeck, because I don’t think I’d be able to resist a kit for this sweater at Jill Draper’s open house!
- In wool-related news, check out this temporary wool-filled guest house: #lifegoals.
- Also, how cool is this idea for showing off swatches? They’d be awesome decoration for a craft room, right?
- And last, but not least, I thought I’d share my growing knitting-related enamel pin collection … Mr. N got me black and white sheep pins from Twig and Horn. They’re grazing at the foot of Buachaille on my Kate Davies Designs project bag, while my mountain goat from Shiny Apple Studio presides from the peak.
- I baked my favorite fall apple cake last night for a gathering I’m headed to this evening (despite a series of recent dessert fails that I, ahem, haven’t been sharing wtih you). I’ve made this recipe loads, and it’s never disappointed … and it made my apartment smell ever so autumnal while baking!
- Now that the temperature’s dropping, I think this chicken chorizo stew would make for a great meal!
- The season of root vegetables is upon us! My mom reported last night that she tried this sweet potato recipe and that it was one of (if not the!) best ways she’s ever had a sweet potato. With such a recommendation, I’ll definitely be trying them this weekend!
- And last but not least, Mr. N and I made a version of this roast pork on Sunday with a lovely pork shoulder we got from the Farmer’s Market. It was delicious as the star of Sunday dinner and has been equally good as leftovers … pork sandwiches with pear sauce, butternut squash soup topped with crispy pork, ravioli in a butter sauce with pork and rosemary … you name it.
What’s inspiring you this week? I’d love to hear in the comments — I’m especially in need of food inspriation, which has been a little thin on the ground here of late!
Want more Friday Favorites? You can see them all here.